Wednesday, June 4, 2014

August, September,...June?

    Where has the time gone? It honestly seems like yesterday Karly and I were sitting in front of the laptop, hearts beating, mind racing, as we decided to click that oh so finalizing button..."confirm". And just like that we were officially going 'back to Bolivia'. At the time (Sept 2013) I knew I had 8 months to prepare yet again for this exciting adventure. Now, 8 months is solid right? Plenty of time to save, buy all the necessary items, tie off loose ends, etc. Here's the problem: that "8 month" mentality never left my mind. 8 months never turned into 7, 6, 5 months. I always had 8 months left. Then suddenly, it was May! Time to give my notice at work, notify the bank, buy the remaining needed items, and hardest of all, say goodbye.

    And here I am. June 3rd. Mere hours remain before departure time. Am I ready? Do I have everything? Will it all run smoothly? Only time will tell.

    But with all the worry, thoughts, and emotions, the encouraging words recorded at Isaiah 41:10 fill my mind. "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious for I am your God." And then suddenly, everything is ok :-) 

    I am so eager for this exciting chapter of my life to begin. And am even more eager to share it with you all! More posts, pictures, and wonderful experiences to come!

Danna B

1 comment: